Saturday, December 24, 2011

the future of lighting



I'm blown away by the coolness and the possibilities of OLED's. The old Edison bulbs that i love to use in my art work are already being phased out and will be looked back on the way we look back on ENIAC. I'd love to utilize this light source into work that i'm currently creating.

I recently received a grant to create a series of mixed and multimedia sculptures using glass, concrete, steel, sound and video based on the Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. I would love to be able to incorporate this type of lighting source. I've been considering LED's. If i can catch up to speed quickly on OLED's i may use them instead. anyone know where to get some affordably? or know how to use them?


I mean look, how insane are these images:

oh, did i mention that they can be flexible and transparent?
everything that uses a light will change very soon. your lights, your tv, your computer monitor, you phone. even your windows and windshields and eyeglasses.




No comments: