Saturday, June 03, 2006

recent experiments

This is using cement and then force drying to produce a cracking effect. My intention is to create a series of works have an archaelogical feel to them. There will be objects embedded in the cement that are representative of feelings and ways of thinking that are buried within us.


These are the "sketches" i'm starting to play with for a series of "concrete paintings". More visual and decorative in content than the previous series, i want to use concrete in a way that is beautiful and colorful. I want to create a series of non objective work.

1 comment:

Reya Mellicker said...

I love the cracks around the bottle - it looks like I've been trying to pull the bottle out of the sculpture (you know how tempted I am to pluck objects out of your sculptures).

Wish I could see the other works better. They look intriguing but my eye can't pick out what they're really about.