Thursday, May 17, 2012

Artomatic 2012



Artomatic 2012

1851 S. Bell Street, Crystal City, Virginia

Doors open 6 p.m. on Friday, May 18!

1,300 artists and performers take over an 11-story building and turn it into
DC's biggest creative event.
This is the largest and most fun art show in the DC area. Please come and check it out. 

I'm excited that I'll be a part of this great exhibition with brand new pieces. I've been searching for years for a low energy, long lasting easy way to add uniform lighting to my glass pieces. I finally found a LED panel that is 14w and will last a continuous 25 years of being on. I'm super psyched to include my first backlit pieces in this years artomatic. and at 46 x24 inches, my largest glass panels yet! Here's a peek at one

Limitless

I'm exhibiting my work right next to my wife and fantastic artist Rania Hassan. She's created a new series of Knitting and Painting based on the photos strips of Eadweard James Muybridge. Here's a sneak peak of one



It's good to remember that Artomatic is HUGE! Many floors of art with just over 1000 artists participating!  To see our work go directly to the 9th Floor! Heres a map:


Every Sunday I will be giving tours of my favorite sculptural glass pieces in Artomatic. If you are interested, please meet me at the 11th Floor elevators at 3:00 PM. 

My next post will be my recommendations of other artists to see at Artomatic.

No comments: