Friday, September 14, 2012

A brand spanking new series of work!

For the last few months I've been working on a series of pieces based on Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. I've been combining Glass, Paint, Steel, Wood, Concrete, found objects, stencils,  LED's, electroluminescent lighting and video. All the fun stuff! The series was funded, in part, from a grant I received from the District of Columbia's Commission on the Arts and Humanities and will be hosted by the architecture firm Weibenson and Dorman in the 410 Goodbuddy Gallery.

Drink me I wanted to start with the fun, absurdist, creative stories of  Lewis Carrol's story, using my own imagery, visual language and (very) loose interpretations, riddled with a personal take on metaphors and combine that with materials I have been using and with materials that are very new to me. The desire to include video and lighting in my work was the original impetus for this project.


Please join me at the reception for this exhibition

Friday September 28th
5-8 PM
410 Good Buddy Gallery
410 Florida Avenue NW
Washington, DC









No comments: