APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JANUARY 2011.
For notifications about the application process and other updates, you will be contacted by email.
Please click on the email sign-up option (above) and choose Washington, D.C. (Dance Place) in the options list.
Dance Place and Artspace are partnering to
create a $13 million arts campus in the Brookland neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Artspace will break ground on 41 affordable live/work units for artists and their families along with gallery and studio space.
Artspace is assisting Dance Place,Washington, D.C.'s most prolific presenter of modern dance, to build a new performance and rehearsal space, an education center and administrative space.
The Grand Opening is scheduled for June 2011.
How do I qualify for an affordable housing unit?Artpace follows all federal fair housing guidelines. To qualify for aunit, your income must be at 60% of the DC metro area median income or below. For 2008, the combined household incomes must be at or below:
- $41,340 for a single person
- $47,220 for two persons
- $53,160 for three persons
- $59,040 for four persons
The project will include a mix of efficiencies,one and two bedroom units. Rents will be below market and established at the time of lease up.What is the definition of an artist to qualify for a unit?Artist is defined as:
- A person who works in, or is skilled in any of the fine arts, including but not limited to, painting, drawing, sculpture, book arts, printmaking, and mixed-media.
- A person who creates imaginative works of aesthetic value, including but not limited to literature, poetry, photography, music composition, choreography, architecture, film and video.
- A person who creates functional art, including but not limited to metal, textiles, paper, wood, ceramic, glass or plastic objects.
- A performer or theatrical artist, including but not limited to, singers, dancers, musicians, actors, performance artists, costume, lighting, sound, and set designers.
- In all art disciplines, a designer, technician, craftsperson, teacher or administrator who is dedicated to using their expertise within the community to support, promote, present, and/or teach and propagate their art form through events, activities, performances and classes.For additional information and updatesplease sign up for the mailing list.For additional information about Artspace, please visit our official website.Thank you!- The Artspace Team